Banner

Banner

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Itti Bitti D'Lish SIO First Wear Review

If you're looking for a review of the Itti Bitti D'Lish SIO, you can find that here.

Well, the IB D'Lish SIO has lived up to my expectations! I'm pleased so far. The fit is just as trim as the Itti Bitti Tutto OS but since the D'Lish is a sized diaper, there's even less bulk. The size large fits well on my 6 month old 17 pound baby girl. She has chunky thighs so the biggest rise is best for her. She has room to grow in the waist. I am surprised that the large fits a 6 month old so snugly and I worry that she won't be able to use this until the end of our cloth diapering days. If you're unsure of the size you would need, I suggest sizing up.

The closure is snaps, but it seems much simpler because it's just one row of snaps. There's no rise snaps to confuse the snap-challenged. There isn't a hip snap for wing drooping, but the wings aren't that wide so that hasn't been a problem.

The inserts are the best part about this diaper. They have color coded snaps to help with placement, but less snaps than in the Bitti Tutto. The D'Lish comes with one bamboo trifold and one contour insert with polyester lining to keep baby feeling dry. It was enough absorbency for a few hours on my little heavy wetter. I am extremely pleased with the fact that it's a trim diaper with that much absorbency. It is definitely not absorbent enough for overnight use, but if you're looking for something that appears like disposables under diapers, this is a great option. I had my little one in it for 2.5 hours with no wicking to the exterior. Plus, the inserts snap out for washing and drying which greatly decreases the drying time.

This diaper only comes in solid colors, but the colors are really bright and cheery. The minky is very soft. In fact, it's probably the softest minky cover that I own. The elastic in the legs is turned but not top stitched. That hasn't been a problem for wicking for us, but I haven't had a dirty diaper in this brand yet so I don't know it would contain the mess.

Overall, I'm very impressed. I would say I prefer it over the Bitti Tutto one size. The only advantage that the Tutto has is that it's a one size diaper, so you don't have to buy a new size when the baby grows. I started using them when my daughter was on the highest rise on the Tutto though, so I won't have to get progressively larger sizes. I am confident enough with the absorbency of this diaper to take her out of the house in it. One advantage of this diaper is that you can bring just the inserts in your diaper back and use the same shell if you need to change. Two thumbs up to this diaper. I have four of them that will probably get heavy use.

No comments:

Post a Comment