Banner

Banner

Friday, November 18, 2011

Glow Bug Out of the Package Review

Glow Bug Cloth Diapers is an upcoming cloth diaper company that offers complete packages of pocket diapers. The owner, Sarah, graciously sent me a sample diaper to review. I was so excited when I saw that it came in the mail yesterday. I love getting fluff mail.

Let's review the features:
-pocket diaper with PUL cover lined with "SlimDry" fabric
-snap closure with cross-over snaps for skinny babies
-two rows of snaps at the waist
-double leg gussets to contain messes
-4 rows of snaps for a completely adjustable rise
-openings at the front and back to stuff in inserts
-2 microfiber inserts that snap into the pocket

The diaper I'm reviewing is a girly print, the pink and black plaid. It's a really cute pattern and the snaps match, which is a nice touch. Out of the package, the fabrics are soft but I wouldn't call them plush. After washing, the stay dry liner pilled slightly but it got REALLY soft. I am pleasantly surprised at how much it softened after just washing twice. The microfiber inserts frayed around the edges slightly after washing but they also fluffed up a lot.

While I haven't used the diaper yet (official review of the diaper coming soon), I am excited about seeing how absorbent and leak-proof this diaper is. I love the double opening in the pocket in theory too. I imagine it will be useful for avoiding getting "poop hands" when taking out the inserts. I have also heard that you can just unsnap the inserts and they'll aggregate out in the wash, so I'm excited about seeing if that is true as well. My big 6 month old is already on the largest rise on most OS diapers so I wonder what setting will fit her best on this 4 rise pocket. I know it will look really cute her too.

After letting my little E wear this diaper several times, I'll write my official review. Then Glow Bug Cloth Diapers is generously offering one of my readers a free sample diaper! Watch my blog and Facebook fan page for the giveaway announcement. In the meantime, you can go "like" them on their Facebook fan page.




[Disclaimer: This diaper was provided to me free of charge, but all opinions of the diaper are completely my own and 100% truthful.]

No comments:

Post a Comment