Banner

Banner

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

WAHM Wares by BumbleBunz - Bamboo Fitteds

I've done a review of the night time bamboo terry inserts by Miss Katie, owner of BumbleBunz. I loved those so much that I ordered three of her bamboo fitteds.

Here's a low down on the features:
-bamboo cotton fitted with snap closure (requires a waterproof cover)
-two snap-in inserts, one is double length to fold over
-print exterior with organic bamboo velour (OBV) interior, long insert is OBV topped
-fold down rise for two sizes
-elastic at the legs and top back

Out of the package, these diapers are gorgeous. The OBV has a shine to it and the print is crisp and adorable. The craftsmanship is amazing. It's obvious this mama puts lots of love into the construction of her diapers. Look at that sheen.





I washed them about 4 times before using them. Bamboo typically needs 7 or more washes to reach full absorbency potential but after 4, I felt they were wear-worthy. If I thought they were soft out of the package, it's got nothin' on the softness out of the dryer! These diapers are PLUSH. This might sound weird, but I just wanted to rub my face on it. Don't worry, I didn't.

I put my 6 month old daughter in the Hello Kitty diaper, because it's my favorite of the three. My happy baby smiled away as I took pictures. See?



Well I kept her sans cover for about an hour while she ate breakfast. Then I put a cover on her to go down for a nap. After her 1.5 hour nap, I kept her in it just to see how absorbent these diapers are. She finally started complaining an hour later and I changed her. The diaper was wet, but there was still dryness at the back so I know it could have held more. 3.5 hours! Amazing. I would test the theory again, but every time I put her little tush in a BumbleBunz, she feels the need to do her duty, if you know what I mean. There must be something about the soft, plush interior of the diaper that just invites a big one.

Overall, I am in love with these diapers. If I could give them more than a two thumbs up, I would. Hats off to you, mama!

1 comment:

  1. My boys love Katie's dipes to do their business as well! Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete