Banner

Banner

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sustainablebabyish Snap Fitteds Review

I recently had a need for larger diapers. My daughter had outgrown the "one size" fitteds with the fold down rise. She's inherited her mother's large thighs.


In looking for some used diapers to try out, I found the Sustainablebabyish (SBish for short) sized snap fitteds. I bought a used XL, assuming my daughter would need the largest size. I was surprised to see that while the new SBish fitteds were $25-$30 new, the used ones held their value at $20-$24 each. Good resale value is a sign of quality diapers. Once I received the XL, I understood why they resold so well. The organic bamboo fleece is super super soft and cleans easily.

Let's review the features:
-Fitted diaper (requires a cover) made of OBF
-Snap closure with cross over wings
-Snap in two petal soaker
-Lay in booster
-Color coordinated serged edges and snaps
-Back, legs, and front elastic encased

I love the elastic on front as it gives a snugger fit. Surprisingly, the XL was too big! I ordered some new larges and those fit well, but I still cross over the wings with that too. I just recently bought a used medium and I'm in the process of stripping it so I can't comment on fit yet.

The bamboo fleece seems to be getting softer as I wash the newer diapers. The used diapers show little to no wear. The OBF hasn't pilled and there's no balding. It's quite a bulky diaper with all the soakers in it. Most of the time, I just use the snap-in soaker. If I'm using it for overnight, which I do frequently, I add the booster. My daughter is a heavy wetter at night and this fitted is not 100% soaked by morning.

Overall, I really like this diaper. They seem sturdy and high quality, like they'd last through multiple children. They are heavy duty for big wetters. The sizing is generous and goes pretty large with the larger sizes. They have great resale value for when you're done, as long as you take care of them. My only real complaint is that they are rather plain. I could easily become addicted to this diaper if it came in cute prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment